Monday, February 22, 2016

The first cold in...

I'm sure people do get colds and flus in the tropics, but i didn't.

That said, it's been about two years since i felt that annoying twinge in the back of my throat, or felt my body disobeying me and asking to go back to bed because everything ached. Sure, Dengue fever took me down a while back -- but not the good old fashioned family cold.

It's raging around our house and leaving the tween begging to stay home. I am certainly a proponent of the mental health day once in a while, but seeing as how the kiddo just had one in recent weeks, i had to say no this time, and sent her to school sniffling.

We've been back in temperate North America for quite some time, but it's still things like colds and flus that remind me there's another way to live, that i've lived it, and that if i lived it again i probably wouldn't have to deal with the mild wretchedness that comes with winter ailments...

___________________________________
Did you know that blowing your nose one nostril at a time can help you get rid of the sickies better? That's one of the tips in this post about Home Remedies for Coughs and Colds, on the UK Medix blog...

1 comment:

James said...

This was very interesting I was wondering do you have any more blogs as this one