Friday, March 20, 2015

Through my Friends' Eyes

There are so many annoying and trying things that happen here in Nicaragua, but for the most part, life still is really, really sweet. So sweet that it's difficult to imagine going back to the struggle of living life in a west coast city; its higher rents, its quest for pretension in all things...

Some friends are here right now and know me as the person who can't always meet for dinner because of a slim budget. Here though, they see me as the person who has the housekeeper and the pool and the kid in private school. I see what they see now, and i know life here is pretty dang good indeed.

All this time i've been here i've had my sights set on the goal of saving for a home -- or at least getting out of the last bits of debt that hang over me qualifying for a loan. I still want that dream, but i worry that i'm not ready to take it all on just get, and that i may need more time here in this less-expensive paradise than my summer departure will allow. I can't make that decision without going home, however, so that means going back to feel it all out and see who i am again, when i'm in my own country.

Having dear friends visit is so great and such a welcome change, but it brings the old you in direct confrontation with the new you -- making both sides duel it out for prominence. We'll see how the contest plays out...

_______________________________

Check out these beautiful floors at BSI Flooring's site! When i do have that dream house, you can bet it will be laid with floors like theirs...

No comments: