Saturday, January 3, 2015

Things I Don't Miss

Rain and dark rooms and grey mist that seeps in your bones and makes you not want to get out of bed, ever.

Feeling like i don't have enough or that i have to keep up with my Jones friends. Love you guys, but most of you have more than i do and it's annoying to feel like i'll never catch up.

Rain.

Raincoats.

Rain boots.

Dealing with the constant drama and annoyance of the other parent. No matter how hard i try to forgive, to ignore, or to cast off my disdain, there's always some bullshit to deal with.

Rain.

____________________________________________

So there's really not that much to not miss -- except the weather, which i can't change. And maybe this no BS t-shirt would help me with that one other everlasting problem....

2 comments:

Angel the Alien said...

I would not miss those things either! I don't have kids yet, but I feel like there is something to be said for single parenting, and not having to double-check or sort out every single thing with another person. Maybe it is selfish of me to think that way... but I can see how it would work very well for many people!

Nico said...

My kiddo says she misses winter, but I really think she's making that up. Who misses icky, wet, damp weather?? And you're right Angel the Alien -- I do like not having to double-check my life with other people. That's a great part of this gig!