Friday, April 5, 2013

Reaction


All these days i am trying to protect you

to let you know how to act when
someone lies
ignores
leaves
cheats
hurts
or
gets married to someone who is not you

Funny thing is,
i'm not the expert
i've just been here longer than you

I'm learning how to wrap my
own arms around me and
how to tell you you're wonderful
so you'll remember it
when that time comes
when you think you don't need me

After all of these days
maybe there will come one when
i will also learn to do
all of these things
for
my
s
e
l
f.

_____________________________

The man i think about the most announced his engagement on Facebook today. I often question why i don't just unfriend him. It hurts too much to see his happy pictures, yet i haven't been able to make that step just yet. Somehow i thought, in spite of his location about as far away as you can get in these United States, that he'd still be the one. And yet, if my own daughter was in this same situation i'd tell her to run... keep running until you're so far away and so tired you can't even remember his stupid name... 

And then run some more.


1 comment:

Jack said...

All you can do is teach them to bounce, to replace the inevitable depression with determination, to turn on a dime, thrive in the chaos, and make the surprises work for them. I know very few people who can do that better than you.

PS: My web presence has changed dramatically in the last few weeks. I'm going to go on that e-mail address you've posted and tell you where to find me on the web... If you ever want to. I'd put it here, but I don't want to turn this into a blatant ad for my activities.

Take care of yourselves, and as Churchill once said, "Never, never, never quit!"