Monday, May 3, 2010

This one skit on Family Guy

Even though we don't love each other anymore
you still hold my memories for me
back on that road where i left you.

Like how there was this one skit on Family Guy that for some reason we thought was so hilarious,
only now i don't know why, and i want to know why again
or how there were these places in Vancouver where we fell back in love
and i want to know where they were exactly, if only to visit them on my own

and what i looked like when i gave birth to your child
and the funny things i said then
and why you fed me Thai hots, with some perspective on it being good for pregnancy.

All these times, they glimmer
like how places get smaller in the rear view mirror
til they're just part of the clear heat rising from the pavement.

Even though we don't love each other anymore
you still hold my memories for me
back there where i can always find you.





This happens. The only person who knows what happened in your life at that moment you're trying to remember, is a person you now try to distance yourself from. But it's nice to know that in spite of that usual feeling of get-away, this memory holder was still only a phone call away.

2 comments:

Sarah Fox said...

i just discovered you via my friend Samantha's blog (Travels with OWL) and I'm hooked, Mama. Keep up the beautiful work. eloquent, honest, powerful, inspiring. muchas gracias.

Nicole Vulcan said...

that's it. i haven't been writing at all lately but this is about the tenth reminder that i should start again. thanks sarah!