Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Week Without Driving: Day 6 Uuuuuuhhhhhhh

....uuuuhhhuua...

This not-so-revealing pic was supposed to show why i had to break my resolve.
I'm sorry. But it just so happens that i was carefree enough to think i could have one too many whiskeys (the kiddo is gone, after all) and then ride bike to the Max station, waiting not-so-patiently at the stop.

It just so happens that i might have thought the Max wasn't coming, so set off down the cobblestone Old Town street to find the Max heading my way two blocks down. So i head off in a you-ey, following the Max's path, not especially noticing that a gaping section of the pavement is neatly cut away. Crash bang boom. Thus, the road rash on the arm, (which you can't really see in this picture) the sore-ass hip, and the dislodged chain that caused me to miss the last Max and ride the 10 glorious miles home in the sticky rain. Complete with sticky rain pounding on my looks-like-road-rash-but's-really-poison-oak face.

So all that's why i broke fast and drove to my friend Mik's birthday party this evening. After a rough 23 miles the night before, road rash on my arm and leg, and forest rash on my face, (which you can't especially see in this picture) i'll be back on the wagon tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a rought ride! I appreciate your presence even more at the big dirty thirty. Love ya!

Nicole Vulcan said...

it was all for you, girl. =)