Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Week Without Driving: Day Two

So maybe i've been just a little bit spoiled, with this having a car thing and all.

Without one, i am much less likely to leave the house for any old reason. I see my roomie Sascha go through this all the time -- the needing to get somewhere, and the deep heavy sighs at knowing it's not as easy as just hopping in the ride and turning the key. I've been home all day -- but that could also be due to the drunken biking i did last night and the poison oak that's popped up all over my face. It's been a haggard day, and swollen eyes are not the cutest.

So this helmet and bike bag i've been using have been sitting on the table all day, since being plopped there last night.

5 comments:

Kaydee said...

dude. did you crash and burn in the high brush offroad or what.

Nicole Vulcan said...

hells no, thank god! the bar was only a few blocks away so it was just a lil wobbly getting started...

the worst part so far has been biking all the way to the natural foods store to get the remedies to repair my poison oak face. a bit saddle sore from that -- and then of course there's the trauma of showing off my funky face to the public...

Kaydee said...

I have had poison oak on my face before. I empathize with the sense of horror and misery that one feels in this instance.
:-) also the inner turmoil when not wearing helmet. good show with the bike though! Nice new look to the blog!

Kaydee said...

p.s. my poison-oak-on-face was from when i drank myself a bottle of wine and went on a walk in the forest and fell asleep on a log. i mean in carmel valley it is a basic knowledge that poison oak is ubiquitous but I was a newbie to the area at the time. all events have a spiritual source anyway, don't they. ?

Nicole Vulcan said...

if you call looking like a chipmunk when you wake up in the morning spiritual, then sure! i am in hell. so i guess that helps me remember what heaven is?